Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Greetings and Salutations!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

I actually created this blog back in September, but the two-three entries that were in here were too angry (think 13-year-old Alanis wannabe) or bizarre (think Tori Amos, 'Boys For Pele' days... on 'shrooms.) Thus, I thought it a good idea to start from scratch.

I'm not sure in what direction I will take this. I feel like I spend so much time dicking around the internet reading other people's blogs that I should do something productive with my time (because surely it isn't... oh... FINALS TIME) and see if I can do it too. I certainly don't profess to have the most interesting or hilarious story to tell, nor do I feel like I have something mind-boggling to say every time I feasibly will post. Nonetheless, I do hope you enjoy my random musings here.

This is the thing I hate. Whenever I get an idea in my head, it always seems so much better in my mind than what actually gets transcribed. Grrrrrrrr... if only I could directly transmit the thoughts in my head to blog form... Or maybe some things are left untouched. :-)

Right now, I should be grading papers. 12-pages of pure unadulterated fun regarding Community Building, ownership, roommate conflicts and 'multi-culturalism.' *yawn* I've gotten through a few, but instead I've been distracted by this game BMJ sent me. Who would've thought that causing chain reactions to Yanni-esque music would be fun?

And for more links, I wanted to share with you my current obsession of the week:



Yep... it's Alanis Morissette doing a Tori-esque version of "My Humps." Needless to say, this has been on CONSTANT rotation on my end (both YouTube'ing and on my iPod.) I love love LOVE the combination of morose piano droning and Fergie's inane lyrics, and how crazy Alanis gets at about 2:24 ("You don't want no drama... no no no Drama...") Perhaps it's time for Alanis to consider switching gears from introspective-mumbo-jumbo "rock" to comedic satiriess? BMJ and I are determined to write letters to convince her to follow this track. We want piano ballad versions of "SexyBack" and "Smack That". NOW!

Yep... this has gotten too long for its own good.

It's so hard to love when love was your great disappointment.

No comments: