Monday, January 7, 2008

TOW The New Year's Resolutions

I've never really been good with these, but I figured I should at least try and put up a few goals for 2008.

1) Run the Chicago Marathon - This is the big one. I know it seems quite the stretch, but running a marathon is something that I've always wanted to do. I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life, so why not? I already have two races lined up in March and May (an 8k and a 10k) and a possible half-marathon in August, so we'll see how I feel.

2) Re-take the MCAT... and do it well - Perhaps this is tied for#1 on my list of priorities. The more I've gone through this year, the more I feel like I would be more useful as a primary care physician. I still will do public health (health education!), but more and more I want to be able to treat also. I really need to get serious about this though, and re-taking the MCAT is the first step to this. I don't have organizations, classes and failing relationships on my plate so this should go much better.

3) Keep in better touch with friends - I've done a pretty good job keeping in touch with my inner core of friends, either through semi-monthly dinners in the city, G-Chat or phone conversations. However, I've been really bad at keeping in touch with a majority of people I went to school with. Other than an occasional facebook wall message, I haven't really done any good, real correspondence. In fact, I had made a long long list of people that I need to e-mail and/or call before my break. I should probably start with that soon.

4) Save money- This whole living from paycheck to paycheck thing sucks. I really need to put away a decent amount of money so that I can do something with it... namely pay for grad school.

I'm not sure if putting these up on here will do any good, but I feel like I have a bit more accountability to these if these are made public. I didn't want to overload myself with too many resolutions; I'd rather have done quality things for myself rather than a dozen half-assed attempts at grandiose projects. Let's see how this goes...

No comments: