(To see how my answers to this survey have changed since the start of college, here is this survey for 2006, 2005, 2004, and 2003.)
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
graduate college, settle somewhere for more than two months that is not Michigan (and living in a place that wasn’t my parents house, a reshall room or a sublet), travel to Europe, work a 9-5 job, work as a camp counselor, be dependent on food stamps
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I really didn’t make any resolutions this year, but I’ve resolved be one of those “hot shirtless running boys” on
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
MEI had a baby in June and SRT had a baby a month ago.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank heavens, no!
5. What countries did you visit?
Visited MJV in
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
I’d like to decide on a career path and stick to it. Americorps, contrary to what I was intending on doing, actually opened up even more career possibilities I may want to pursue (maternal/child health? Health advocacy? Health management? International missions? Ahhhhhhhhh!) Definitely a double-edged sword, but we’ll see how it goes. Of course, medical school is still on the table (even more so than in years’ past.)
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Three dates come to mind:
- September 5, 2007, the day I moved to
- June 12, 2007, mine and Kristine’s huge birthday bash extravaganzapalooza.
- April 29, 2007, UMich graduation day (and subsequent night activities… if you haven’t seen the pictures, let me know.)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my bachelor’s was pretty sweet. I now officially have the letters “B” and “S” attached to the end of my name.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Arguably not going to medical school after undergrad, but honestly it was the best decision I could have ever made.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a few minor things, nothing major. Let’s keep this up.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Does paying off my credit card debt count?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends out there, yes… ALL of you! ;-) We survived graduation and the transition into the real world, and we’re all still relatively in one piece (even though we all go to bed REALLY early and can hardly hold our liquor anymore. LOL!) Let’s keep this up!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
See #13 from 2006.
14. Where did most of your money go?
rent/utilities, gas, books, booze… and the worst part about it all is I’m an Americorps member that’s basically living below the poverty line.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sooooooooo many things… graduation, Americorps, moving to Chicago, spending my summer in California, having a kickass time with my family and friends before moving, meeting new boys, playing with my Wii… it was all amazing!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Check out the playlists “2007 = sexy” or “Chicago Newbie” on my iTunes. There’s too many to list for too many memories.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? MUCH much happier. Then again, I’m not depressed and borderline suicidal. The changes of scenery (both
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner: at least 15 pounds thinner. Lesson learned from last year: NEVER eat your feelings away.
iii. richer or poorer? I guess a little richer; I earn about the same as I did in college, but I’m on food stamps now.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
studying, figuring out my future, meeting new boys
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Giving my time away to people who really didn’t deserve it. I’ll leave it at that.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Like last year, it was extremely low-key. My siblings didn’t come home at all, so it was just my parents, my brother and me. We opened up presents and went to midnight mass. I also hung out with ARB for a bit before he went on his cross-country road trip.
apparently there is no 21
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fell in love with Tom Brady, does that count?
23. How many one-night stands?
Haha!!! I don’t kiss and tell. ;-)
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I stopped watching TV after September (we don’t have cable at our house.)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope… I haven’t added any new people to the “Triflin’ Man List” this year, surprisingly.
26. What was the best book you read?
East of
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t know about “musical discovery”, but my favorite band of the year was Shiny Toy Guns. “You Are the One” is a great song.
28. What did you want and get?
A Nintendo Wii, the opportunity to travel and move around, a peace of mind, regained confidence and self-esteem.
29. What did you want and not get?
An apple iPhone? LOL! I am quite content with everything I’ve gotten this year.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
"Once." Possibly the best film you didn’t see this year. You would think that a musical love story would be stupid, but somehow this one was crafted beautifully and tactfully.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
22! Actual birthday was spent at my cousin’s wedding rehearsal and dinner; brought KGM with me, and she was immediately christened as my new wife by the family. Birthday celebration came four days later; absolutely drunken time with 30-40 of my favorite people in the world at my favorite bar in Ann Arbor (Circus), doing one of my favorite activities (drunken karaoke!!)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A trip to the
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Pretty much the same from 2006… basically look at any GAP or Banana Republic ad, and you had my wardrobe for 2007. If I wanted to look scrubby, you’d find me in some sort of shirt/sweatshirt that had “
34. What kept you sane?
Going out with friends, working out, rollerblading/driving
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh… I didn’t mention that I’m Tom Brady’s new gay lover? ;-)
36. What political issue stirred you?
Health care advocacy, especially in the fields of maternal and child health. Then again, I work for a non-profit that deals specifically with these issues.
37. Who did you miss?
I miss my college friends. Can I please ship them all here to
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My roommates, SEJ and SEK. They’re the most amazing people, if only because they can tolerate living with me. :-D
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
I should NEVER sell myself short because I'm smart, charismatic, friendly and pretty-damn good-looking. I'll never let myself think otherwise ever again.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I have two:
1) Ten, nine, eight, and I'm breaking away. I'm all dressed up and I'm ready to play. Seven, six, five, four, and I'm over you. Counting three, two, one, and I'm having fun.
2) A little voice inside my head said, “Don’t look back, you can never look back.”
No comments:
Post a Comment